Registration is not needed, you simply sign in with your Steam account.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
    Radio Frequency 87.8
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Shadow Dee

Additional DayZ Subforum // DayZ RP

12 posts in this topic

Subforum DayZ RP

This idea just kicked in today.
What I have in mind is a simple new subforum for the DayZ division called something like "Roleplay" or "DayZ RP" or "Chernarus RP".
Maybe you guys and gals have other, better suggestions. Feel free to contribute.
RP must not be an official part/feature of the whole BC community.
Our server, when we have one again, probably won't and should not be a restricted RP server, but a free for every playstyle server.
But it would be nice to offer the opportunity for members to submit their own fictional stories in form of whether written text,
graphic novels, artworks, videos or what else supports to bring one's vision to life.

I personally have in mind to develop a personal DayZ/Chernarus character with an own backstory,
to also use for RP servers like DayZ Underground.
And when I have his story ready I would really like to share it with you all.
But I don't know where I should properly do that now.
Twitter doesn't allow for big lines of text as of it's character restriction and I don't know another site
where we are all connected and it's possible to keep things organized.
BC would be just great for that.

Please let me know what everyone of you think about that.
I would personally love it as I really enjoy making up fictional characters with own stories and stuff.
But if it wouldn't support BC's vision I would respect your decision.
Still a shame though. It would make the community more versatile.

Cheers
Your Shadow ...

i also had a similar idea i offered to mad but he doesnt like this style much maybe i could help you  with the rp i have few ideas if you need me pm me and we will think of something together

Thanks for your support Tisho.
But what I suggest here is just a subforum for us to post things, not essentially events or even the server (if) itself.
For actual RP in-game experience there are special communities and server providers that focus on that part.
And I totally respect and understand BC's position here. It's a free for all (except hackers and uknow) community with the strong point on freedom of playstyle.
RP is nothing for everyone. And I'm just asking for a place, for those who like/enjoy it, to share their experience with the community.
But sure, we still could do something together.
Maybe play on an RP server together or some kind of artwork/story collaborations.
Again, thank you for your notice. ;)

np i know what you wrote and i understand it whenever you play let me know and start some rp ;)

Good idea @Shadow Dee I will add this ASAP

Just want to be clear guys just because I am not in to RP that doesn't mean there isn't room for it within BC, this community is yours as much as it is mine :) if I remember correctly @tisho your idea was on our server, which I was against as I don't like to have restrictions on playstyles on a server, if people want to KoS then so be it, they shouldn't be safe anywhere!

I would certainly be interested in seeing/reading the back stories.

Thank you @MadMcardle! I really appreciate it.
And I can't wait to start writing and show it to you. ;)

And thanks @tisho.
Would be cool. :)

44 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Good idea @Shadow Dee I will add this ASAP

Just want to be clear guys just because I am not in to RP that doesn't mean there isn't room for it within BC, this community is yours as much as it is mine :) if I remember correctly @tisho your idea was on our server, which I was against as I don't like to have restrictions on playstyles on a server, if people want to KoS then so be it, they shouldn't be safe anywhere!

I would certainly be interested in seeing/reading the back stories.

sry if i wasnt clear i meant that we start playing rp in our server(not another) not only rp on the binary server 

So you meant that just a few, those who want, play in RP style but others play their own, right?

Yeah people could play how ever they liked when we had a server, I was just saying there would be no penalty for none RP players killing RP players.

Role play sub-forum has been added, enjoy!