Registration is not needed, you simply sign in with your Steam account.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
    Radio Frequency 87.8
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Shady

Intel CPU Water-coolers !

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys i was just wondering if any of you lovely people use water coolers on your CPUs ?

i have a Intel CPU and i am looking into getting a water cooler for it as sometimes my rig is quite noisy with 6 fans running evan though there quiet performance fans so thought this might be a fix for the noise and at the same time make the CPU cooler with better temps.

i was looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CW-9060027-WW-Extreme-Performance-Liquid/dp/B019955RNQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498589083&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+h100i+v2 but was wondering if you guys had any info on this or if you are currently using it and had any problems with it.

Thanks for reading and any comments would be very much Appreciated :D Over n Out for now lol :)

7448319.png

Posted (edited)

One big misconception people have is that water cooling is silent, it's not. You still have a radiator and fans pushing air through it. If you need six fans something was probably not designed well and usually more fans doesn't equate to more cooling. In fact they may interfere with each other and spoil a good airflow. Basically all you want is plenty of cool air in and plenty of hot air out. This can be achieved with 2 (good) fans. If you use 200 mm fans you can move a lot of air but also keep revolutions down and thus noise levels. I use fans and my system is pretty quiet. Even when I overclock my CPU and GPU the system keeps well below heat thresholds. Of course the fans will spin up when under heavy load and will produce more noise but I generally won't hear it because of in-game sound. I made a diagram of my system a while back to illustrate, see below, Based on the principle that hot air rises, so cool air from below flowing up around components and exhausted at the top). (At the rear I have a 120 mm fan which is not really necessary but it is hooked up to a controller and it spins slow, almost dead silent. Just a little extra exhaust around my CPU and GPU. Of course several components have their own cooling, like the CPU, GPU and PSU.

Water cooling is definitely cool (pun intended) but expensive, prone to break downs that stop cooling altogether and thus damaging components, leaks may also cause shorts and damage and in the end it is also not completely silent. The advantage of fans is they are relatively cheap, usually reliable and when one fails the others still work (and the passive heat sinks) and overheating should not occur immediately.

I would recommend using 200 mm fans if your systems can accommodate them.

You may want to watch this:

airflow.JPG

Edited by =NL=

Oh btw, cable management is important too, make sure they are tucked away so they don't block air flow. In the pic of my system above you can see I made an effort to keep everything as neat as possible.

Excellent points made there my friend and taken on board. I Already have my cables run correctly and out the way so this isint an issue. Thank you for taking the time to put a good post up in reply to my question buddy has helped me alot 👍

7448319.png

Oh Great videos aswell btw dude !!

7448319.png