Registration is not needed, you simply sign in with your Steam account. Please note, we do not accept people with VAC/game bans

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
    Radio Frequency 87.8
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
TikTac'tical

Hatred towards DayZ/Games

4 posts in this topic

Saw this very cool comment about game development and the "disliking" of games for the sake of disliking, which was very well said, and is what I'm worried we'll see with DayZ, even in 1.0 and beyond. Let's hope not though. This post does seem somewhat weird, but I think the comment was very well written and I think it really sums up the real problem with/in DayZ being the community, and not the actual game itself:

"Everything that becomes memetic to dislike will continue to be disliked for the sake of the meme.

It even happens to things that are universally liked; it becomes a meme to hate the people who like popular things.

It's easier to hate something than to change your perception and understanding to judge something without bias.

Even if they added every feature promised that was missing at launch, people have ingrained their distate and distrust for the developer; regardless if it's good or bad or right or wrong."

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

That is really well written indeed!
But I also really hope this isn't going to be the case for DayZ, although the majority of the community seems to move that way. :/

Yeah the community is definitely moving that way, that is for certain. What I'm hoping is that people will eventually realize that they're wrong rather than just continue on hating for the sake of doing just that.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I can only agree on that.