Registration is not needed, you simply sign in with your Steam account. Please note, we do not accept people with VAC/game bans

Radio Frequency 87.8
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
phoenixcds

Death of a Graphics card GTX 690 and a lil FYI for Nvidia users

10 posts in this topic

been having some issues recently, random lockups and restarts, fine green wire mesh on a portion of desktop, what I assumed to be burn through on lcd (wasn't) , stress tested whole system, every thing passes no probs, couldn't pin the issue down at all was hoping the desktop issue was just a bad driver install, reseated graphics card as a matter of course restarted dayz sa and locked up and restarted again, then reseated it in the other pci slot, restart comp and get the 6 beep code for graphics failure.

this post is more an fyi than anything, picked up on a story about NVidia cards crashing/restarting comps when using multi gpu, reset it to single gpu and there is a marked difference in performance, in multi gpu I was getting about 50 to 70 fps, in single gpu I am getting from 90fps to 120fps.

go figure

I have never had a card die on me so kinda in the dark, still think card is on the way out, which is a shame as it has been a cracking bit of kit

long live the GTX 690 :)

Strangely I have been having issues too recently with my 960, laggy gameplay even offline games and I am pretty sure it's the card.

Signature.png

It could be a driver issue? Maybe try a rollback and see if it makes a difference. Do you guys know what temperatures your cards are running at? When I still had my GTX 650 after 4 years of intensive use I took the heatsink off, cleaned it and the fans of dust and gave the GPU new thermal paste which seemed a bit "old". I didn't have any problems with my card a that time so it was all preventive maintenance but it may help if you take a look.

Where is this multi-gpu setting?

CPU: i7-7700K with Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280 | Mobo: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 @3000 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX1070 Armor OC | SSD: Intel 530 Series (180GB) (OS) | SSD: Crucial MX100 (256 GB) (DAYZ SA) | PSU: Corsair RM650x | OS: Windows 10 Home x64 | Display: Eizo Flexscan EV2333W 1080p | Case: Sharkoon BW9000 Glass | Mouse: Logitech G500s | Keyboard: Steelseries APEX M500 (Cherry Red)

22 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

I will try it @=NL= thanks man never even thought of that lol

Yesterday I got a notification of a new driver, maybe try that latest one before doing a roll back. (or did you mean checking dirt / temps?)

CPU: i7-7700K with Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280 | Mobo: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 @3000 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX1070 Armor OC | SSD: Intel 530 Series (180GB) (OS) | SSD: Crucial MX100 (256 GB) (DAYZ SA) | PSU: Corsair RM650x | OS: Windows 10 Home x64 | Display: Eizo Flexscan EV2333W 1080p | Case: Sharkoon BW9000 Glass | Mouse: Logitech G500s | Keyboard: Steelseries APEX M500 (Cherry Red)

I meant the rollback, temp is good and super clean :) 

Signature.png

11 hours ago, =NL= said:

It could be a driver issue? Maybe try a rollback and see if it makes a difference. Do you guys know what temperatures your cards are running at? When I still had my GTX 650 after 4 years of intensive use I took the heatsink off, cleaned it and the fans of dust and gave the GPU new thermal paste which seemed a bit "old". I didn't have any problems with my card a that time so it was all preventive maintenance but it may help if you take a look.

Where is this multi-gpu setting?

hey bud, tried a few drivers, same result, card was running at 60/61c after an hour of dayz mod, so not that either.

its in NVidia control panel

I still have SLI 670s. Luckily not broken yet! :P

I updated to the latest drive, released on the 9th and a good clean throughout, reseated everything and my computer is back to normal :) 

Signature.png

Just a heads up that I did a roll back from 387.92 to 385.69 because I had problems in Battlefield 1 (didn't notice problems in other games).

Smoke textures where screwed up and had a game crash due to Directx problems and being "out of memory". So if you experience problems it could be that latest driver.